Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Second Place Bitches"

If Rich Telford from Team Excessive were anything to go by, we would be known as "Second Place Bitches". That's why they call it the "first runners up" instead of "second place", it's just to make people feel better about losing in the finals.

My name is Simon "One Finger" Chang, #619, and we've become the "Second Place Bitches", or at least, I have. Back in the days of WolfPack, D4 and the 2008 NPL Grand Finale, again, we emerged as first.... runners up. (a.k.a. Second Place Bitches)

Today, we became Second Place Bitches again. It's somehow like MY curse - not to be able to be "champion", but instead the "first runners up". However, I did win, together with my schoolmate back then, the Interstate Drama Competition. Yes. CHAMPION was the word. Not "first", not "second place bitch".

So I believe if I do better, we can be champions.

I'm sorry I let my team down - it was purely my mistake of:
1. Assuming I could make it in one run
2. Not discussing a slight change of plans with my team, thinking it was too last minute, and our previous strategy was PERFECT

Yes, I was panting. I seriously had only enough breath for ONE BIG run... I got shot... IN MY FACE...

Respawned... Black Hawk Down...

I got shot again

Then it was too late. The opponent had both flags back to gate...

GG

It was all over in 30 seconds and I let my team down.

NEVER AGAIN.

As a consolation:
1. I'm glad that we lost to an (non tourney) experienced team
2. I'm glad I've brought my team mates, new and old, and out-sourced players to their podium finish in their paintball career. Though.. it will always be known as the day we were...

"Second Place Bitches"

Simon "One Finger" Chang
#619

P.S.: Thank you, Ashley and Eddie of Team Blazers. I'm looking forward to you guys joining Revolution next year!

(Edited by Doug for spelling, grammar, and all the usual thingos)

4 comments:

  1. i make no excuse
    i take full responsible for our loss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No dude... I should have filled your spot when I heard, but I was concentrating on the bottle and I stopped when you respawned because I didn't want to hit you in the crossfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you have done your very best for the team... im sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh... don't worry about it. We'll get 'em next time.

    ReplyDelete